Chocolate Buttermilk Bread
Delicious recipe shared by Emma Lavallee, baker and SAVTI client in Ottawa.
- 1½ cup (180 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (60 grams) cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup Sugar in the Raw
- ¼ cup room temperature butter
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt, and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy. Add the egg and beat until just combined. Add the buttermilk, yogurt and melted butter, and stir to combine.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Leave to cool slightly in the loaf pan before removing.
- Cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!